The Blueprint for a Successful Company Culture
C1S Group is a full-service professional engineering and construction firm with a set of core values that shape our company culture. Our values push us to be innovative and to provide exceptional service for our customers, as well as creating a great place to work. We think this is an excellent blueprint to being a successful company— one that delivers for our clients and that attracts and keeps talented employees for years to come.
At C1S, we believe in working hard and playing hard. We are committed to doing our best on the job, but to also having fun, and enjoying the company we keep. Our culture encourages perks like office celebrations, Friday morning breakfast tacos, and special summer hours for employees. We also love employee participation, such as with our Halloween costume contest, yearly chili cook off, our Thanksgiving pot luck meal, and our annual Crawfish Boil. Plus, there are plenty of opportunities to give back to the community all year.
Both our corporate culture and our work have won accolades for C1S Group:
- Twice named to Outside Magazine’s list of the 100 “Best Places to Work” in the U.S. and a Top 10 “Best Culture” designation
- “Dallas 100” list recognizing fast growing, entrepreneurial companies in 2014
- Inc. magazine’s “Inc. 5000” ranking of the fastest-growing private companies in America five years in row
Our clients want to apply the latest sustainability strategies and technologies, so we hire talented experts. Our team of sustainability consultants is a balanced mix of:
- Professional Engineers (PE)
- Engineers in Training (EIT)
- Certified Energy Managers (CEM)
- Commissioning Agents (CxA)
- Construction Managers
- LEED Accredited Professionals (AP)
C1S Group Fun Facts
- Year founded: 2001
- No. of employees: 22
- Founders: Husband/wife team of Julie and Matt Strong
- Average tenure of employees: 8 years
- Most fun C1S event: Annual Crawfish Boil
- Name of C1S running team: The Susta1ners
- Craziest costume: Julie Strong as a Zombie Cheerleader
- Employee with the most kids: Dustin White, Director of Construction, has 4 kids
- Employee with the most pets: Jackie Kalvig, Business Manager, has 3 dogs and 1 cat
- Longest commute to work: Tim Mueck, Engineering, drives 30 miles each way
- No. of opportunities for C1S employees: Endless!
C1S nurtures that expertise with a sustainable office environment featuring standing cubicles and five office workout stations so employees
can stay active. Plus, a city park with a walking trail is adjacent to our offices, so lunchtime strolls or outdoor staff meetings are common occurrences.
C1S Group not only focuses on providing our clients with environmentally-friendly and sustainable construction, we consider our own work environment as well. We are proud to have an environment that nurtures our employees, promotes job satisfaction and growth, and encourages hard work as well as fun.